Monday, April 29, 2013

Peralta Trail and Canyon Lake

I love you Arizona.

I have a wonderful tradition that I I look forward to every year.  Every Spring, when I cannot take the cold weather any longer, and Erik goes on a long track trip, I head down to Arizona to thaw out, work on my tan, get some vitamin D, and of course see my awesome family. This year was especially fun because I got to take sweet Tater to visit her Nanna and Feller. We had a ton of fun. Feller has an awesome bike seat that we took Wiggles on bike rides every day. I went for long runs in the sunshine while Nana watched Tate. We layed out by the pool while wiggles explored the many wonders of Nanna and Fellers backyard. Tate chased (and caught) chickens in the neighbors yard. Lots of good times. Of course, we hiked.

One day Lyndee, Jake and I headed up the Peralta trail to Weavers needle. It was fun to get to know Jake, and I always love hiking with Lyndee. It is fun to remind her of the old days when she would whine and complain the whole time. Since then she has become quite the little outdoors girl! It was hot this day and we got a late start, but it still felt wonderful to me coming from the North pole.





After the hike we met up with Nana and Feller (who had Tater) and headed up to canyon lake. There is nothing better in the world than boating on a Arizona lake in the warm weather. We strapped Tate into her life vest and she sat on Fellers lap helping to drive the boat. The water was choppy so the wakeboarding was really tough and exhausting, but I hadn't been boarding in three years so I got in as much time as my body could handle on that rough water. It was a glorious day and I am so thankful to have been able to spend it with family.




No comments: