Sunday, March 10, 2013

Eagle Point, Nimbus Knob, Dishman Hills

Weather yesterday was 52 degrees AND SUNNY! That's right people, Spring has shown her sweet sweet face. . . or at least the tip of her head. Tate has had a cold the past few days and I just had to get her outside to enjoy the gorgeous warm weather. Erik was helping run the stake Young Men's basketball tournament but my trusty Inland Northwest hiking buddies were planning a nice day hike in the Dishman Hills. The Dishman Hills are a huge conservation area right in the middle of the city of Spokane. We are so lucky to have it thanks to some grassroots conservation back in the day. It could have easily been covered in homes and shopping malls. Luckily the residents of Spokane can head into this magical forested area right in out backyards. As soon as you are into a trail about a 1/4 mile or so you forget how close the city really is.







I loved the hike. We did several loops and found ourselves enjoying the views of Spokane from Eagle Point and Nimbus Knob. The shining sun was the highlight of the day. This wildflower is the very first one I have seen this Spring! The group went out for pizza after the hike, but Tate and I took advantage of being in town so close to a Costco so we did a grocery run. I Love me some fresh Costco dates! I made these awesome cookies today with the dates I bought. Talk about good hiking food!

No comments: