Sunday, May 5, 2013

Eagle Point and Nimbus Knob, Dishman Hills Night Hike

The Inland Northwest Hikers have really saved me this Spring. Erik has been traveling so much with the track team and I am still adjusting to "the stay at home" mom life. Both of these scenarios would not be that bad if we still lived in Utah but being in a new state and not knowing too many people makes it tough. Luckily my little hiking club provides opportunities for me to hike in new areas several times a week. I am learning all of the trails nearby and making tons of friends. I feel totally safe taking the baby with me out into these great areas with these wonderful people.

We did a great hike recently in the Dishman Hills. I have hiked this before, but this time we went in the evening as the sun was setting. It was a totally different experience with the gorgeous lighting and new wildflowers blooming everywhere. I love the views looking down over the city. I am so grateful to live on this beautiful Earth Heavenly Father created for us. We are so blessed to have healthy bodies to take us to the tops of mountains and though the beautiful forests.  I can't help but look down from lofty mountain grandeur and think, "How great thou art".





No comments: