Friday, September 13, 2013

Mutual at Minnihana

I absolutely love volunteering my time with the youth at our church. My 14 and 15 year old Mia Maids are an extremely awesome, athletic, talented, and adventurous group of girls. They are so much fun, I feel really lucky to get to hang out with them each week. This Wednesday night for mutual Erik and I took the girls rock climbing at Minnihana. They had some climbing experience from the rock wall at girls camp. This was the thier first time climbing outdoors and they dominated! They all made it to the top of a 5.8 climb no problem. It was a LONG climb too, not just a quick shot up. They never gave up even in the hard spots and made it to the top. I was so proud.

Tate was hilarious as always. She wanted to climb too, and she had a good time watching everyone. She is just so fearless and cute with her tough little bear feet. At the park she can climb EVERYTHING! I have never helped her either, she just figures it out and keeps at it till she makes it to the top. I think with a small enough harness we may just let her try the rock wall next time.












No comments: