Monday, April 30, 2012

Rock Canyon Rockclimbing with Pole-Vaulters

Generally this time in the track season gets a little tedious for an athlete. The season is so long and this drag in the middle is an easy time to get discouraged.  I think Erik could tell his athletes were dragging a little bit so he canceled practice today and took the pole vaulters up to Rock Canyon to do some rock climbing instead.  Pole vaulters are historically good at rock climbing and other crazy activities requiring no fear and upper body strength.  Today they did not dissapoint.




I could not figure out a way to comfortably and safely wear the climbing harness around by 37 week pregnant belly, and I knew it would be hard to hug the wall with that baby in there! So even though I felt fit enough, I opted out on climbing and stuck to taking the pictures. It was a nice, warm, overcast day.  Everything is just starting to turn green in the canyon.


 Diane

 Victor

 Nicole

 "Spider Liz"

 Coach Ras




Such a great way to spend the afternoon. We have all the gear to climb. Anytime anyone wants to shoot up to Rock or American Fork Canyon for a quick climb, let us know!

2 comments:

Tera said...

Go pole Vaulters!

Justine said...

That looks like SO much fun!! I think of you almost everyday because (A) Tatertot and (B) in my backpack (more like survival kit) for my tractor I have a roll of toilet paper because we spend 16-20 hours out there....I haven't had the guts to use it, however, my mom is worried about my kidneys but maybe soon I will get brave;))